Cressi Quantum Mask
- Innovative design allows for enhanced downward vision
- Internal thermoregulation helps mitigrate fogging
- Warm air from the nose is directed away from the lenses towards the skirt
- External skirt has a pair of heat exchangers to help lower internal mask temperature
- Quantum represents Cressi's most advanced mask design
The major innovation with the Quantum mask is that as well as offering enhanced downwards vision it avoids the fogging phenomenon through the internal thermoregulation of the warm, damp air exiting the nose. This air is channeled by a system of membranes set in the molding around the eyes and nose and deviating the flow towards the rubber skirt rather than the lenses.
The external part of the skirt features a cooling system composed of two small heat exchangers that act as radiators. The effect is that the temperature inside the mask drops, coming closer to the external temperature and the droplets of humidity are trapped before the air reaches the lenses, preventing them from fogging up.
Despite the presence of the small internal membranes deviating the airflow and the external heat exchangers, the body of the Quantum mask is nonetheless compact and represents the most advanced design offered on the underwater vision market.
The lenses are not treated chemically and it should be remembered that when the mask is new, as is the case with all masks, we advise you to clean the lenses carefully with toothpaste or dishwashing detergent, or simply use a lighter to burn away all volatile materials and dust that may have collected on the glass.